top of page
The Lincoln Street Neighborhood - yesterday and today
The Williams house was built in 1870 and was the first house on Lincoln Street. It currently has a demolition permit pending.
This row of four Queen Anne style houses at 2-20 Lincoln Street were built by local builder Edward Nash c1899. The corner towers are an unusual architectural feature.
The Clear House (1851) and Kellog House (1883) on Riverside Avenue
Lincoln St from Post Road 100 years ago. All the houses in this picture still exist!
The Kellog House (1883) at 76 Riverside was restored in 2014 and received an award.
If this application is approved the backdrop to the Clear House (1851) at 68 Riverside Ave will be a 5 storey appartment block towering to above the current tree heights
98 Riverside Avenue - restored in 2010
The Arde House was built in 1915 in a contemporary style for the period.
Safety issues in the Lincoln Street neighborhood
Four school bus stops in this neighborhood on narrow roads
Traffic congestion will only get worse with resulting safety risks
The Riverside Avenue families have icepacks at the ready for the next accident
Cars pushing through pedestrians on the crossing. A frequent occurence at this junction of Post Road West and CT33 / Riverside Ave.
Cross Street will become crosser! It wll be the principal cut through for cars trying to head West out of the complex. Steep, narrow, uneven, with school bus stop on the road and poor visibility onto Riverside Avenue. See the gouges?
bottom of page